Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Your favorite book

Dear Boston,

your Momma is a book lover.  I love to read as much and as often as I can.  I hope to instill this love for books and reading in you, so in an attempt to do that, I read with you every day.  We read Dr. Seuss, Beatrix Potter, Audrey Wood, etc...  The one book we are very consistent with is the Scriptures.  And I swear, I am not being a cheesy Mom (ok maybe a little) but you have a totally unique reaction to the scriptures.  When I read you your books you look at the pages with interest and try to reach out and grab them.  When I read you the scriptures you smile up at me the whole time.  I know you don't understand the words I am saying, but I think you must recognize the spirit that enters the room. 

Grandma Tresa told me her favorite memories of me as a child were when I would come into her room while she was napping and plop her heavy scriptures up on her stomach.  Then I would climb up in bed with her and ask her to read to me.  I loved and continue to love the scriptures.  I hope you love them too.  As you get older the scriptures will become very familiar to you and reading them may feel a little routine and insignificant at times.  But I want you to remember that when you were just a baby you could recognize the special spirit that the scriptures bring into a room.  That spirit is tangible.  It is real.  It can be hard to recognize, in fact I don't recognize that spirit every time I read...but you do. I just want you to remember that. 

I love you Boston.
Isaiah ch 11 vs 6  "and a little child shall lead them".  

Love, Momma

1 comment:

  1. I just love these Jill! And that is the most adorable picture ever! Love you~ Jenni

    ReplyDelete