Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Little Oyster

Dear Isaac,

You turned 1 month old just a few days ago and today on your brother's 2nd birthday, we went to the Dr. for our regular check ups.  The Dr.  says you're growing and chubbing up just perfectly!  You're in the 60 and 63% for height and weight.  You're head however is in the 94%.  Sorry kiddo, us Yanceys (and many Bradburys) have big heads.  I guess it's that giant brain of yours.  :) 

I love watching you get chubby thighs, and extra chins and rolls on your wrist because I know that I put all that delicious chub there.  We make quite the nursing team pal and I am so grateful for that!  I spent a few needless days worrying over you because an incompetent urgent care Dr. diagnosed you with Thrush, because of a white dot on the roof of your mouth.  It turns out that white dot is just an Epstein pearl, so now I call you my little Oyster.  :)  I find you irresistibly cute and I spend LOTS of time kissing your sweet lips and fluffy cheeks.  You love when I do this and make the sweetest little sing songy coos while I do this.  Our lactation consultant even commented on what a sweet voice you have.  :)   Everyone thinks you're such an adorable baby and people always comment on "all that hair". 

You're already rolling over both ways and are incredibly strong.  Your eyes lighten up every day and so does your hair.  You hair even has an auburn tint to it, just like brother's did at this age.  Daddy is quite in love with you too and spends every night getting lots of cuddles in with you before bed.  We love our time after Boss goes to bed and Daddy and I can get some quality time with just you.  We both cuddle and stare at you, sometimes take pictures and just talk about your general cuteness and how in love we are with you.  In fact you're sleeping on Daddy right now, but in a minute he'll hand you off to me and we'll cuddle all night long. 

Daddy brought home a swing we're borrowing and my heart got a little sad when he brought it in the door.  Right now I spend a lot of the day holding you and all night holding you too, and when I saw that swing I felt a little jealous of the time it will soon be spending with you.  But not too soon, I think I'll keep you in our bed just a little while longer.  I'm just not ready to give you up. 

You're a precious, sweet not to mention very tolerant of all our chaos little boy and I love you so so much!  You are my third boy to fall in love with and while our little love affair has only been going for not quite a year, I love you every little bit as my first two loves. 

Love always,

Mommy

PS We're still waiting for your first official smiles.  I've gotten a few out of you when I kiss your lips, but I'm waiting for the real deal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment