Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Happy 3rd Birthday Boston

Dear Boston,

You turned the big 3 years old today!  What a big boy you are. That happened way too fast for my liking.  We had a great time celebrating your birthday today.  We've been talking for weeks about your birthday and all the things we'll do to celebrate.  You seem to remember mostly talk about planes (for the airplane party we will be having) and cupcakes.

The morning started off normal with you crawling into our bed, bright and early to catch a little more sleep and slowly start your day.  Once you did wake up the first words out of your mouth were, "It's my birthday!".  We cuddled for awhile in bed (all 4 of us) and you and Zekey drank your morning milk.  Then we headed downstairs (you in Daddy's arms) while singing you Happy Birthday.  The family room was filled with balloons and in the center of balloons were 3 presents wrapped in lightening Mcqueen paper. We opened presents which were 50 matchbox cars, a lightening MCQueen Mac Truck and a bubble machine, then we had breakfast.  You sat on the counter as you watched me flip pancakes on the griddle.  I loaded up your special red birthday plate with a couple buttery syrupy pancakes and you ate them right up.  Daddy ate with us then headed off to work.  After breakfast we played cars for a bit, then headed upstairs to get showered and ready for the day.

We spent the rest of the morning playing in the front yard with your new bubble machine.  You and Zekey got a kick out of it.  At noon we headed off to a Trampoline house in Kennewick. On the way there we even spotted a train crusining on by...a special birthday train we called it.   You had so much fun at the trampoline house (while our buddies Charlie and Gavin were there) but after they left you seemed pretty tired and asked if we could just sit on the stairs.  Our next stop was the grocery store for you to pick out the cupcake of your little heart's desires.  We were tuckered out from a busy morning of jumping, so we ate lunch on the couch, cuddled up, while watching Jake and the Neverland pirates.  I then put you and Zekey down for naps and when you woke up Daddy was home from work.  We all cuddled up in bed (for the 2nd time today) and sang happy birthday a couple more times...which by the way,you always sing with us.

There was only one present left to give you and since Daddy was fighting the sickies I had you cuddle up to him in bed and brought the present up to you.  It was your first bike.  Black with red handles and a star on the seat. You love it.  We took it outside and you learned how to pedal! Daddy watched (wishing he had the energy to be with us) from the bedroom window and cheered you on with thumbs ups and waves. After a little we came inside and you asked to swiffer the house (your new favorite thing) for the umpteenth time today while I made dinner.  While dinner was baking you, me and Zekey had a mini dance party and Daddy watched from the sidelines.  The final touch to the day was your mint green cupcake, complete with 3 big boy candles (pink, yellow and white...selected by you).
We sang Happy Birthday for the final time and you blew out your candles.

All day long I felt so grateful for you.  I'm so grateful that you are mine.  I'm in awe that Heavenly Father sent you to me.  How did Daddy and I get so lucky?  I realize how much Heavenly Father must love all of us, when I think of how much I love you, because there isn't a thing I would change about you.  You're one of my most favorite people.  I love you for exactly who you are and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm a very blessed Momma.

Ok, so in honor of your 3rd birthday I will tell you 3 things I love about you.

1.  I love that you're empathetic.  You care when other's (especially family) are sad and you want to make it better.
2.  I love that you love a good dance party.  If I start dancing, you never fail to join me.
3.  I love how forgiving you are.  What a great quality.  You often are telling me, "Oh that's ok Mom".

I love you to the moon and back darling boy.  It's been so exciting adventuring with you for the last 3 years and every year I spend with you I think, "this is my favorite".  They've all been so good.  So sweet.

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment